Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo - Day 1



Today is November 1 and that means it's NaBloMoPo! What is NaBloPoMo, you may ask? It's National Blog Posting Month! So.....that means I'm once again going to be attempting to post (at least) one blog a day, every day for the month of November! Because I do better with a theme, I've located a new 30-Day Blog Challenge Theme and so, here are the things I'll be writing about over the coming days:


  • Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

  • Day 02- The meaning behind your Blogger name

  • Day 03- A picture of you and your friends

  • Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn't have, or something that you are looking forward to

  • Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to

  • Day 06- Favorite super hero and why

  • Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

  • Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why

  • Day 09- Something you’re proud of

  • Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

  • Day 11- a person you would love to meet

  • Day 12- Your Blog Story

  • Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently

  • Day 14- A picture of you and your family

  • Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play

  • Day 16- Another picture of yourself (baby pic!)

  • Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why

  • Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have

  • Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them

  • Day 20- What does your future hold/where would you like to be?

  • Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy

  • Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else

  • Day 23- Something you crave for a lot

  • Day 24- A letter to your parents

  • Day 25- What I would find in your bag

  • Day 26- What you think about your friends

  • Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge

  • Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?

  • Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned

  • Day 30- Who are you?


Interested? Stick around and see what you find out! Better yet! Join in yourself! It's time to get posting! Leave me a comment and I'll pop by to visit you and see what you're up to during NaBloPoMo!

Now.....on to my first Day for the month!

*********


Day One - A recent picture of yourself and fifteen interesting facts about yourself

The Hubs & I in St. Petersburg, Florida

The Hubs and I one month ago in St. Petersburg, Florida.


  1. I can roll my tongue. Not a huge thing but interesting, nonetheless.

  2. I can also tie cherry stems into knots with my tongue. Comes back to that being able to roll my tongue thing ;-)

  3. I'm petrified of armadillos. I mean really, really scared of them. I have this irrational fear that they eat people. I know it's stupid, but I can't get it out of my head.

  4. I have an irrational pet peeve - I hate it when people phone me and I'm not in a mood to talk. I know they have no idea, but I get really frustrated and agitated with them for calling me. It's really unfair to the unsuspecting caller, but I can't seem to shake the feeling of irritation.

  5. I'm a Glee freak. I know I've said this before, but I really don't think you can possibly understand how crazy I am about that show! I absolutely love it! I cannot miss it each week. I DVR it even if I watch it. Then I watch it again during the week. I have the first season on DVD and I'm hoping to get the second season for Christmas. I wish I'd had these kids around me when I was in school. I know. I'm pathetic. But I don't care!

  6. I love puzzles! The Hubs and I are actually currently putting together a 1000 piece puzzle and we have 4 more of equal size waiting when we finish. My co-workers have told me this makes me incredibly boring but that's okay. I'd rather be boring but enjoy what I'm doing than to be interesting but be hating every second of it.

  7. When I'm alone and I'm cooking - which I love to do, by the way - I sometimes pretend I have my own cooking show. I talk to the non-existent audience and explain what I'm doing. Someday when I make it onto Food Network, I'll be all ready :-D This is really embarassing, so please don't tease me about it!

  8. I'm really unhappy at my job right now. I've always enjoyed it in the past but lately it's been making me unhappy. I'm kind of stuck there until next April when I finish my degree, so I just have to find a way to make it bearable.

  9. I have a tendency to stay up very late. Even though I have to be at work at 7am every morning, I'm usually still awake at midnight. I feel tired most days, but I can't seem to get to bed earlier. Something I need to work on.

  10. Even though I always said that I hated that I looked so much like my dad's side of the family, now that he's gone, I'm secretly glad I look like him. Now, everytime I look in the mirror, I see traces of him and it makes me feel less alone.

  11. I'm a little worried about our dog, Isabel, when we adopt. She's a very friendly dog when she gets to know people, but when she first meets them, she barks constantly. And she seems fierce, even though she's not so much (at least as long as you're not another animal). I hope she doesn't cause a problem for us with the home study and I hope it's an easy transition for her when we adopt.

  12. Even though I've lived most of my life in the area The Hubs and I currently live in, I find it difficult sometimes to accept how small-town and red-necky it is. I know that it's just the way people are and that not being that way would not be honest to them, but some of the things they do just make me cringe! I'm not ashamed of where I come from, but I sometimes wish some of the people I deal with daily could tone down the hickness. (And, trust me, I know this makes me sound like a bitch, but it's how I feel.)

  13. I hardly ever find the "hot" guys on television dating shows good-looking. I usually think they're kind of ugly. I just don't get what's supposedly attractive about them.

  14. I am addicted to The Maury Show, particularly the "who's the baby-daddy" episodes. It's really sad, but I am totally enraptured by them when they're on. What can I say? Trash television is perfect for rubber-necking!

  15. Even though I am madly in love with my husband - and, make no doubt about it, The Hubs is my everything and the only reason I keep going a lot of days - I have a teeny, tiny crush on my best guy friend who is not The Hubs. Yup, the one who's leaving the country on Sunday. I'm heartbroken he's leaving. Who'm I going to flirt with, bitch to and joke with now? I mean, apart from The Hubs. J is my outside-of-things sounding board. I have no idea how I'm going to survive without him. Btw, he has NO IDEA I have a teeny, tiny crush on him. However, The Hubs knows all about it. He thinks it's kind of funny but it doesn't bother him because he understands it is what it is. He knows he has nothing to worry about.


So, that's my picture and 15 interesting facts about me! What are your's?

3 comments:

St Elsewhere said...

Nice picture there!

You can roll your tongue? Wow!!!

I pretend the cooking show thing too...though I am not a fan of cooking....

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I do the cooking show thing too... so embarassing when I get caught!

Gwen said...

Thanks for the note about month of blogging - I'm going to do it too!

As far as your dog, I was worried about that too. The first couple of days of having our foster care placement our dog Cash was pretty upset. Now, they are the best of buds!

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D