Facts about me you may find of interest:
- I love music. I love to sing and I love to listen to music. I don't play an instrument, but I would love to learn. I do own a violin and I keep saying I'm going to learn to play it but I haven't done so yet. I am a huge fan of 60's and 70's rock music. The Beatles, The Doors, Fleetwood Mac - that's the kind of music that really gets my blood pumping. Having said that, my favorite current band would have to be OneRepublic. And I can always get into the disco/Eurodance stuff. Along with my love of music goes a love of dancing.
- I love crafts. If there's a craft out there, I'm willing to give it a try! My current passion is crochet. I am working on a few afghans I hope to sell in an Etsy shop at some point in time to raise funds for our fertility treatment. I can also be found scrapbooking and making cards. I had a very small business selling custom-made greeting cards when we lived in England and it's something I think I may be able to start again to add to my Etsy shop (which, did I mention I haven't even started yet??). I really enjoy cross-stitching as well, but in recent years I've discovered that carpal tunnel syndrome doesn't make that very easy to do. I have to go very slowly with that and often get frustrated and just give up. I have lots of half-completed cross-stitch projects.
- I love to read. I will read most anything that isn't glued down. In desperate times (i.e. when there's nothing in the house I haven't already read), I've been known to read the backs of cleaning supplies. I've got a good brain for trivia because when I was young, I read completely through our family's collection of Britannica Encyclopedias. Twice. Okay! I admit it! I'm a nerd! But I just love to read and I love to learn. Though I never would have thought it of myself, I have discovered I have a weakness for vampire novels. Not the staid Dracula-type novels, but the more current ones: the Twilight Saga, the Sookie Stackhouse novels, the Blue Bloods novels.....you catch my drift. Not to say those are the only types of novels I read. I also love the Harry Potter books, I've read and enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, I think Nicolas Sparks is a genius and Jodi Picoult is my banana split of the literary world. I often find that books that I read and think are just fantastic are later turned into movies. Not sure if that means I have great taste or that I'm very mainstream, but either way I've learned to live with it.
- I love to write. I guess it goes along with a love of reading, but I do really enjoy writing. I want to write and sell a novel someday, but I'm not sure if I'll ever succeed. I generally write a bit and then feel it's not good enough so I leave it. Or I lose my drive for the story. Someday, though, I'll finish my perfect novel. If you'd like to read a sample of my writing (and I'm not saying you have to, but if you'd like...), you can click here for an article I published on Helium.
- I love movies. I never really went to the movies that often before I met my husband, but he is a total movie buff and that tendency has rubbed off on me. We go to the movies most Friday nights and, for those of you who own stock in RedBox, you have the Hubs and I to thank for those share-prices skyrocketing. For example, at the time of writing this, it is Saturday and last night we went to the cinema and saw "The Sorceror's Apprentice". And yet, we are currently watching "Chloe" which we RedBoxed earlier today and will follow it up with "The Runaways". This is typical for us.
- I love television shows. The Hubs and I have a collection of television series on DVD and we're trying to collect even more. So far we have seasons 1-5 of Sex and the City, seasons 1-3 of Gilmore Girls, seasons 1-3 of Heroes, season 1 of The Big Bang Theory, season 1 of Gossip Girl, seasons 1-3 and 9 (gift) of The X-Files, season 3 (gift) of Charmed, season 2 (gift) of Desperate Housewives and those are just the ones I can think of right off the top of my head. I'd like to catch up the other seasons of all those we don't have plus lots of other shows. I'm an entertainment junkie!
- I love cows, dragonflies and frogs. Not the live ones so much, but whimsical ones. I have a small collection of cow, frog and dragonfly figurines (often with fairies present). It makes me feel happy to look at them and daydream.
- I love the colors purple, pink and turquoise. They are my favorite colors! I'm a very girly person :)
That's all I can think of at the moment that may be of interest to you but if you have questions, ask and I'll answer!