Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 30 - In The Past Month, What Have You Learned?

Wow! What a big question! Well, let's see....I've learned that I really miss my dad, even more than I thought I did. I've also learned that I think I'm actually handling his death better than my family expected I would. I do miss him...a lot, but I have a sort-of acceptance of him being gone. I know he was very tired and in a lot of pain. I'm just glad that he's no longer suffering.

Other things I've learned....I'm super-excited about the journey we've began towards adopting. I can hardly wait to get started with everything! I'm really looking forward to the IMPACT training classes and even the homestudy. I'm nervous but I have faith that it will all work out.

I've learned that, although I get frustrated with her often, I'm so grateful I still have my mom and that I can be there for her. I wish I could do more to ease the hurt she's going through and to make the financial burdens easier, but I know that I'm doing what I can. I also know she knows this and is extremely grateful that we have one another.

Finally, I've learned how much I enjoy blogging and how my blog is here to be a place for me to release my emotions and let it all out with freedom. I'm so glad I haven't completely given up on my blog and I hope, in future, I will frequent it more and continue blogging steadily.

In closing, I'll leave you with a picture my mom found on her phone today and forwarded to me. It's a picture of my Dad. My mom can't remember where or when it was taken, but it's a great photo of him! It really made my day and I'm extremely happy to have it!

Daddy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D