Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P is for Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves. We all have them! Mine are numerous. There are so many things that I need done just a certain way or things I can't stand to hear. I'll name just a few.

Being lied to - If there is one thing I hate, it's being lied to. There's just no need for it! If you don't want to do something or haven't done something you said you'd do, just tell me. I'm a big girl, I can take it. I'm not going to cry and it's certainly not going to be the end of my world. Just don't lie to me because that is a quick way to lose me as a friend. I detest a liar.

Silliness when I'm in an irritable mood - This drives me crazy! And it's one of the things The Hubs and I get into the most arguments about. He responds to stressful situations by acting silly and doing silly things. I respond to stressful situations by getting extremely grouchy and intolerant to silliness. Combine these two things and it does not make for a pretty picture. Generally, I'm okay with silliness - I get that way myself frequently - but when I'm in a bad mood or stressed out, it's not a smart idea.

Having a plan and it not working out as planned - What this really means is I don't like being late or things not going the way I imagined them. It really frustrates me to be ready to go somewhere and have a time planned to leave and then it gets pushed back or someone else is running late so we don't get to leave on time. OMG, it drives me crazy! The Hubs is so much more laid back about this kind of thing, so it doesn't bother him if he doesn't leave on time or even if we're several hours late leaving. However, it leaves me feeling out of control and anxious. I just hate it.

Texting someone and getting no response - This one is pretty self-explanatory. If I text you and it has a question or requires some sort of response, please respond. It's just rude not to.

I know that I'm a little crazy about some of these and too much of a control freak, but that's just the way it goes!

What are your pet peeves? What really drives you crazy? Do you think your pet peeves are rational? Or do you, like me, feel you're a little psycho to be like this about them?



3 comments:

Dannelore said...

I definitely agree with the texting thing! That drives me nuts! Especially when it's a simple "yes or no" question, or if I'm doing someone else a favor and they can't even text me back?

I also hate when my computer battery dies. I never let it die but for some reason anytime I let someone borrow my computer they don't care enough to plug it back in and I come back to a dead computer. I've asked many times for them to make sure the battery doesn't run out, but they don't listen. And then they complain when I won't let them use my computer anymore, like really? You didn't take care of it.

My other big pet peeve is when somebody moves my stuff with out telling me. This is one of the main reasons I can't live with my parents (and my sister is beginning to do it too). I will leave something someplace and I will know where it is. Then my family will move it and when I ask where it is, nobody knows! They'll often claim that I moved whatever I'm looking for, but I have literally found my stuff in places I haven't been in days... SO annoying!

Kakunaa said...

Yeah...I am a little OCD so things will bother me beyond the normal annoyance for what seems like a trivial matter. I have really had to learn not to flip out, LOL

junebug said...

I definitely agree with lying. Drives me crazy. When my niece and nephew were little they knew that to lie to me would make the punishment ten times worse than if they just told the truth.

It drives me nuts when people don't use their turn signals especially if they are cutting me off.

When people wait to try their check until after they have been given the total. All they should have to write is the total, the rest should have been filled out already.

I could go on and on. :-)

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D