Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

K is for Kristin and Kakunaa

Two of my very favourite bloggers are Kristin and Kakunaa (Genevieve). What can I say about these two beautiful women? Well, they're two of the reasons I keep blogging, they've become two of my closest online friends and they inspire me. I met them both through the ALI (Adoption, Loss and Infertility) blogging community - just one of the many reasons I'm grateful for having found that extremely supportive and helpful community - and the friendships sprang from there!

Kristin is like me in so many ways! We're both crafters (she does some AWESOME projects). We both love to read. She has a fabulous sense of humour (something I like to think I have, at any rate) and she has more than once made my day simply by offering her support or saying "I'm here for you".

Kristin has been through so much over the last few years. She suffered through secondary infertility and had many losses, but through it all, she's kept her sense of self, her amazingly positive attitude, her wicked sense of humour and her awesome friend skills! On top of all that, she's super-duper smart! I mean, that girl is sharp as a tack! Rarely misses anything and finds a way to solve all the mishaps her three brilliant - if sometimes mischevious - sons get up to!

When I'm having a really bad day, I think about the fact I have this amazing woman to call friend and it makes me a feel a little better.

Kakunaa (Genevieve) is another friend I met through the ALI community. She has also been through the ringer infertility-wise, but has recently come out the other side (so to speak) and given birth to her son (who is a blooming doll, let me tell you!).

What I see in Gen that matches up with me? We both have a sense of adventure and a love of body piercings (although, these days mine are less obvious - work and all that). What I love about her? She's not afraid to say exactly what she thinks and she doesn't really care what others think about what she does. She's as close to a free-spirit as I've ever found. She is also super smart, sarcastic, witty, charming and brilliant! She makes me want to embrace my wild side - a side I had let go of about 11 years ago - and just be who I am. She's inspired me to reconsider getting that tattoo I've always wanted.

But more than that, these two women make me want to be a better friend. They are the epitome of what friendship should be. They don't judge me when I'm feeling down, whiny and sorry for myself. They simply let me know they're there for me and they support me. They don't mind if I'm feeling bitchy - they take it in stride and are usually right there with me shaking their fist at the world and whatever person/thing is pissing me off. They're there to hold my hand when our RE is being a cretin and there to celebrate with me when things are going great.

I haven't known either of them for a great length of time (about 2 years with Kristin and a little of a year with Gen), but I can honestly say they are two people I hope to remain friends with for a long time to come. I love these girls and I wish nothing but the best for them. They both deserve great things!

4 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Oh, goodness, Lynn, I am all weepy now! Thank you for the beautiful post, and for the gift of YOUR friendship! You are such an amazing woman.

Lynn said...

Awww, Gen! You're gonna make me blush :D Thank you!

I meant every single word of that post. You and Kristin mean so much to me! I love you guys!

Kristin said...

Oh sweetie, Gen isn't the only one getting weepy here (and I don't have the hormone excuse...wait, yes I do. It's that time of the month). You really made my day with this post and I have no doubt we will be friends for years to come.

BTW, I know a kick ass tattoo artist in the area. I'm just saying....

St Elsewhere said...

I so agree with you on both the counts....

Kristin is amazing and her crafty brain boggles me too. And she is an amazing mom too.

Kakunaa is witty and smart, and is very straightforward in a very refreshing way.

I am glad too that I am a part of this community.

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D