Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for Festival


I thought I'd opt for a lighter post today!

April is festival time in Georgia and one of the cities near where we live is having their annual Tree Fest this weekend. The Tree Fest is always a lot of fun! This weekend, we won't be able to attend the actual festival because we'll be taking my parents to the airport to take their very first flight (they're going to visit my brother in New Jersey).

However, the festivities actually go on the entire week prior to the major celebration on the weekend. One of the many activities involved in the celebration is Tree Fest Idol (actually called "Name of the City" Idol, but I'm not entirely comfortable with revealing that info). As the name suggests, the competition works similarly to American Idol in that the competitors all perform a singing selection and the judges choose a winner.

Tonight is Tree Fest Idol and yours truly will be competing! I'm looking very forward to the competition. It should be a lot of fun. In case you're wondering, I'll be singing "Let Er' Rip" by the Dixie Chicks. I'm not usually a country music fan, but in this area everyone performs either country or gospel, so I decided to go with this song. It has a lot of attitude and that works for me :D

Wish me luck and think of me this evening as I go out there and put on a show for the folks at Tree Fest Idol!

7 comments:

Dannelore said...

Best of luck!! I'm sure you'll do great!

Kristin said...

Good luck!!!

Sarah Allen said...

This sounds fun! Hope it goes well. Good luck :)

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Kristin said...

Good luck Lynn!

Dawn Embers said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you had a good time.

Dawn's Writing Blog

Ju Dimello said...

wishing you the best!
and yay for festivals :)

Nice to meet you!

Following you from A-Z challenge!

MJ said...

Good luck!

-MJ fellow A to Z blogger
http://creativelyspiltink.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D