Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

O is for Ollivander's

I admit it. I am a Harry Potter fanatic! I love the series. Despite having read the books countless numbers of times, I still stay up into the wee hours some nights re-reading them. I own all the movies (apart from the latest two) and I watch them over and over again. I am counting down the days until July 15th. I'm considering taking that day off from work (it's a Friday) so that I can go to the midnight showing as it opens. I'm an addict. I get it.

One of the places in the Harry Potter world I would dearly love to visit is Ollivander's Wand Shop. I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to go to a place where you get your own magic wand? And not only that, but the wand picks you! If you've ever felt like an outsider, here's your opportunity to feel special! Even if you get picked last for every team or game there ever is, you'll have a wand pick you!! It wants to be with you because it's specially made just for you!!!!

It's like finding your soul mate. Who doesn't want that?

Ollivander's and butterbeer are probably my two favourite things from Harry Potter's world (are you going to try to tell me you've never wanted to try butterbeer? I think of it like alcohol in a creamy, buttery, caramelly form....yum!!).

Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, what's your favourite thing from the series? If not, what's your favourite book/series? The thing you like best about it?

We're now more than halfway through the alphabet, folks! I'm enjoying this month more than I thought I would. I've found the last few days a little difficult, but I'm striving on! I think it helps that The Hubs is also blogging away at the challenge with me. It makes it easier to stick to it when there are two of you working at it!

Hope you all have a great week! Mondays generally have the tendency to get the best of me, so we'll see how today goes!

9 comments:

baygirl32 said...

Love Harry Potter! I have never thought of finding our wand as finding your soul mate, now I like it even more!

http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

Dannelore said...

I love Harry Potter! Though you probaby already figured that out from my post today...

Personally, I would love to just kick it at the Three Broom Sticks with a butter beer in hand, maybe check out Honeydukes Sweetshop.

I agree with bay girl, I like this idea of considering your wand your soul mate. Very clever idea!!

junebug said...

I'm a big fan, too. Butter beer makes my mouth water and, of course, I've never had one.

Keena said...

I'm not a Harry Potter reader but your description has enticed me to think about it. I hope you have a great week and yes, I have found that I am enjoying this challenge way too much!!

A-Z Challenger www.keena-itsmylife.blogspot.com

Come by and visit if you can.

Kristin said...

Oh my god, I am a total Harry Potter fanatic. I knew I was sunk the day I had a dream about an HP cross stitch design.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of Quidditch and want to play. Butterbeer ranks way up there too. I think I saw a mixed drink recipe that was designed to taste like Butterbeer...now, I just need to remember where I saw it.

Kristin said...

Ok Lynn...I found two (sadly) non-alcoholic butterbeer recipes...

Recipe 1

Recipe 2

I think the first one sounds better and you could use real rum instead of rum extract.

Lynn said...

Oh. My. Lord. Kristin, if you find that recipe, you HAVE to send it to me!! I would love to try it out!

Lynn said...

Oh my heavens! That first one looks delicious! I can't wait for the weekend so I have time to try it....and I think I will exchange the rum extract for real rum. Sooooo looking forward to trying it, lol! Thanks Kristin!

~stinkb0mb~ said...

love the films, haven't read any of the books.

i've also been successful in converting Guv into a harry potter fanatic too!!

mmmm butterbeer

~x~

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D