Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

30-Day Blog Challenge - Day Seven - A Photo That Makes You Happy

Today's 30-Day Blog Challenge theme is "A Photo That Makes You Happy".



July 13, 2001 - I was 22 years old. My mom and I got up very early that day. It was a special day. I was meeting someone very important!

Mom and I got ready and left our house around 8am headed for Atlanta. It took 3 1/2 hours to drive all the way up and another half hour to maneuver the airport parking area. We were finally parked and headed into Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport at around noon.

Since we had about 3 hours before anything would be happening (what can I say? We wanted to be sure we weren't late and I was excited), we found ourself some food and ate, then we wandered around all the shops in the airport. I found and purchased a small stuffed lion and a balloon that said "Welcome to the United States". Then we waited.

Sometime around 2:30pm we made our way to the arrivals gate (remember, this was before the awful events of September 11, 2001, so we could go right into the arrivals area). We waited what felt like an eternity, but eventually, I saw him!

If you haven't guessed yet, this was the first time I met The Hubs in person. It was an awesome day and I was so incredibly happy. This is a photo of us still in the airport, walking towards baggage claim. We were both so excited! It still makes me feel warm and light inside when I look at this photo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely! What an excited smile you have - and he looks like he's grabbed you and isn't going to let you go!! :-)

Kristin said...

You look like you are just going to float away because of the happiness. I love that picture.

Anonymous said...

You both look so happy and cute :)

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D