Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Meme That Aunt Becky Made

So, I was browsing through some blog posts this morning when I happened onto this hilarious meme over at Kristin's blog. I followed the link on over to Aunt Becky's page and.....here you go! My take on the meme.

1) What does Meme mean?

Its the more common name for that black hole of nothingness that sucks you into it and you find yourself compelled to participate in despite knowing no one really wants to read it but that entertains you to complete.

2) 2011 – Was it all you’d hoped it would be?

2011 was a complex year. There were parts of it that were just freakin' awesome (going to Vegas, starting the adoption process, moving into a new house) and there were other parts that sucked big-time (my dad dying, my best friend moving away). I can't really say it was all I hoped for, but I can say it was a year that helped me to grow.

3) Did you watch the Royal Wedding?

Sadly, no. I was at work. I watched bits of it on the Internet and on the news, but did not get to watch the whole thing. This was sad for me, being married to a Brit and all, but....I got over it.

4) Where are your pants?

Um...they're on my bottom. Unless, of course, you're referring to the ones at home. They're in a drawer. Or hanging in my closet. Or, just possibly, in the dirty clothes hamper. What a peculiar question.

5) Is Justin Bieber human or some sort of robot?

Justin Bieber is a blight on mankind. End of story.

6) If you had only one thing to wish for this coming year, what would it be?

That our adoption proceeds quickly and smoothly and that our child is with us very soon.

7) Would you call yourself a “social media maven?”

Nada. I use social media, but I'm not consistent with it and I don't really like them. Apart from blogging (which I don't really consider social media, despite it obviously being that), they kind of make me feel like I'm lacking something.

8 ) If you had to take three things to a desert island (let’s assume you have ample food and water), what would they be?

I'm going to assume (for my own purposes) that The Hubs and The Pog are allowed to come and bring their own three things (which, for The Pog, I'm assuming would be her blanket, her favourite chew toy and her leash - these seem to be her favourite things), so that means I don't have to use them as part of my allotted items. Hmmm...I guess my Kindle, my laptop (with built-in Internet that does not require a signal to be near-by...I'm talking state-of-the-art military stuff here) and my craft box.

9) If you had the ability to banish certain offenses to an island where they would be rehabilitated into being okay again, what would those offenses be?

Wow....um...I don't think Blogger will allow me enough publishing room to list all of them, so I'll have to narrow it down. Okay...

Disagreeing with me (I know, I know. I'll be the first to admit I'm not reasonable)
Talking to me like I'm an idiot
Mispronouncing words
Speaking in textspeak (borrowing this from Kristin because it's so true!)
Playing favourites
And (rant to follow) it aggravates the absolute HELL out of me for my employees to ignore and fail to do something I have specifically told them to do!!!!!

10) How do YOU think the air conditioner works?

Well...I flip the button to turn it on and tiny little elves rush over to feed the system, kind of like on a steamship. That's how I like to think of it anyway.

11) Do you ACTUALLY think you can make money blogging?

ROFLMAO! Sure! If your name is Midas! But then, anything you touched would turn to gold, no?

12) There’s a lot of talk in the blog world about microblogging (The Tumblr, The Twitter, The Facebook) taking over traditional blogs. Do you think that’s the case?

Nope. As long as there are those of us willing to pour our heart and souls (or wit and sarcasm) into blogs, they'll be around.

13) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?

Don't bother with contraceptives! They aren't necessary!

14) If you could’ve told yourself this time last year one thing, what would it be?

Enjoy every second you have with the ones you love because you never know when the next second won't come.

15) If you could have one Super Power, what would it be?

Oh, definitely mind-reading. I can't stand not knowing exactly what people are thinking. It drives me crazy!

16) If you could do one thing you can’t currently do, and do it well, what would it be?

Make babies. I mean, is there really any question here?

17) What surprises you about yourself?

That I get so easily irritated with people. That there are so few people in my daily life that I can actually tolerate being around. Other people, I love them! I generally count myself a people person! But, the people I work with drive me crazy!

18) What was your favorite blog post/tweet of the past year?

This is my favourite blog post, not because of the subject of it (which was absolutely the most heart-breaking thing I've ever gone through), but because I poured my heart into it: Time is Fleeting. Carpe Diem.

19) Do you REALLY think “Purple Should Be A Flavor?”

Definitely! I love the color purple (it's my favourite!) and I'm sure if it were a flavour it would be awesome!

20) If you could make one outlandish wish for 2012, what would it be?

Hahaha...I have to condense it to one?!?! Okay. I wish for a major lotter win! That way, I can get all the small things I wish for. Like a big new house. And a new car. And a worry-free adoption. And all our bills paid.

4 comments:

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

LOL! This is great, but I will not give in and do it myself. :)

Kristin said...

Yay, you played. But, did you go over to Aunt Beck's and add your blog to the list?

Lynn said...

I sure did =D

Life Happens said...

I love reading this like this about people! Fun!

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D