Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

10 on Tuesday

I've decided to follow Junebug's example this week and participate in the 10 on Tuesday.

  1. I had my weekly weigh-in this past Friday. I had gained 1.2 lbs back. Disappointing, yes, but I'm going with the belief that it's simply fat converting to muscle and muscle weighs more. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


  2. I am increasing my walking from 2 miles per day to 3 miles per day, however, in response to the disappointing weigh-in. I'm also trying to eat more vegetables this week. Hopefully, this will make something of a difference.


  3. I've seen a recent increase in my reading, which is a good thing considering I've been very slack so far this year. It seems that on weekends when I have nothing planned, I can get a solid two books completed in as many days. I'm pleased with this and hope to keep it up. The next two weekends are full, but I'll still keep striving to read, read, read!


  4. Tonight was the season finale of Glee. Parts of it were just kin of blah but other bits were really, really good! I'm a huge Finn/Rachel fan. That's all I'll say. Not sure what I'm going to do over the next few months without it while waiting for fall!


  5. I've been reading some in blogworld today and seeing some of the truly interested anecdotes some blog authors have presented of their day-to-day life and I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty boring. Nothing interesting really happens in my everyday life. I get up, I go to work, I get seriously stressed out, I get off work, I go walking, I come home, I have dinner, I play online and watch Glee, I go to bed, then I get up and start it all again. I need to do something to make some excitement in my life. What to do, what to do?


  6. Does anyone else ever feel like an interloper in their own life? Seriously? Here lately, I've felt like I'm intruding in my own life. I feel like other people look around and, while they're looking for Lynn, it's not me. They're looking for their own version of me and, sadly, I can't be that for them. So then I feel like I'm disappointing everyone and am interfering where I'm not wanted. And that leaves me with nobody. Just feeling very alone lately.


  7. I've had my meds (Adipex) changed today. Went in to see my doctor for a refill and was explaining to her how I've been losing my temper very easily and frequently lately and also how I've been feeling very stressed and anxious. She explained that Adipex can have this side-effect. Then, when we checked my blood pressure, it was 158/102! She said she wanted to try a different weight loss medication and hopefully this will help. So I'll try to keep you posted how that works out.


  8. I found out recently that Cirque du Soleil's Dralion is going to be showing in Atlanta in late August. I really think The Hubs and I may go. Our friend, J, might also go with us. The three of us saw KA while in Las Vegas and really enjoyed it, so that may be something to look forward to.


  9. I'm looking at making a big purchase soon. I don't want to jinx it, so I won't say a lot more on the subject, but when/if it comes through, I'll definitely post pictures and let you see what I've had up my sleeve. I'm pretty excited about it, because I've been borrowing someone else's for so long. It will be wonderful to have one of my own again. Now I'll shush on that subject!


  10. I have to get back in the groove of crocheting. I started on a gift for my mother-in-law before we went to Las Vegas but haven't picked it back up since we got back. I've been really out of sorts lately, but if I don't get myself in gear, there is no way it will be ready by Christmas!. I seem to need all sorts of motivation these days to keep myself moving in the right directions.


Okay, that's it from me for now! To all those visiting from ICLW, welcome! I've enjoyed having you and I will be paying you a return visit very soon! I know there have been a few questions about why my RE is so adamant about the weight loss. Some of his reasons I agree with, others not so much. I will try to compose a post going into more detail on those sometime in the next day or so!

4 comments:

A Shadow of My Former Self said...

Hi! Here from ICLW and yes! I sometimes do feel like an interloper in my own life. So many people look at my life and don't see what I see so I often find myself on the outside, looking in, examining it to death, trying to figure out if what they are seeing is what I am living. It's very confusing and frustrating at times. I think when I can't see what they see I try to live my life differently and it's not me, hence I feel crappy. Ugh, such a thought provoking post (in a good way!). I need to live my life for me. :)

junebug said...

Thanks for joining in!

I'm with you on the muscle build. You've been working hard. It can be frustrating but hang in there.

I was rather let down in the finale of Glee. I thought last week's episode was way better.

Can't wait to hear about your big announcement. Fingers crossed for you. :-)

Kickboxing Los Angeles said...

Remember, two steps forward, one step back. You'll get back on track! I didn't see the Glee finale yet, so I'm glad you didn't ruin it for me :)

Sara

Anonymous said...

hi - stopping by from ICLW
omg, reading through your TTC journey... You should be given an award or something. Someone forgot to mention a tube removed?!?!
Anyway, I wish you best of luck with the weight-loss program - and that this year is THE year!

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D