I've told you about our possible adoption and we are very excited about that, however, after our last fail at adopting, I've become a bit more of a realist. So, I am very aware that any of a hundred dozen things can happen to stop this adoption from going through (for instance, The Hubs' boss held a meeting on Monday of this week and informed the office that, due to revenues being down, he was going to have to lay some people off. He will be telling them tomorrow who will be getting the chop. It's supposed to be only for 3 months only, but that is reliant on revenues picking up. We've been here before....The Hubs is ve3ry worried and upset, but we're trying to keep a positive outlook on things. At least this time he would be able to claim unemployment.). With that in mind, I'll tell you a bit about our plans in the meantime.
I have an appointment today with the RE. I think he'll be pleased - I've lost 16 pounds since I last saw him! I think that's pretty good going. We have decided that, should this adoption fall through, we will be using the money in my HSA account to fund an IUI before June 20, 2012. We've also got money in our savings account (and we're adding more monthly) to use, but we'll probably leave that to go towards another adoption should the IUI fail. By the time we have a definite on what's happening on the adoption front (February), I should have lost the total amount of weight Dr. O (our RE) wants me to lose so we'd hopefully be able to move on that.
We're also going to go ahead and get homestudied through the State of Georgia so we would be eligible to adopt through foster care. Our main reason for going this route is that Juno has opted to sign up to a program (which we are fully supportive of) that offers help with living expenses, maternity clothing and counseling for brithparents amongst other things. They counsel her on adoption placement as well, however, she chooses parents from a list of homestudied families approved by the State of Georgia for foster care placement. What this means is that we would be the baby's foster parents for the first year of life and then would be able to finalize the adoption after a year. We're pleased with this arrangement because it means that even if this adoption doesn't work out, we're all ready to have a child placed with us when the right match becomes available.
So, that's where we stand right now. Adoption plans being made, visiting with the RE and contingency plans in the works. We feel good about it right now. I'll update you soon on how my visit with the RE goes and what The Hubs finds out about work.
For those interested, the Fall catalog is now available on my Thirty-One Website. I appreciate any orders you make! If you're never heard of Thirty-One, be sure to check it out! It's awesome-sauce!