Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Emergence

Wow! The last 3 weeks have been staggeringly busy! I'm so tired I don't honestly know if I'm coming or going!

My dad is finally out of the hospital. He was discharged late yesterday evening. His speech is still very garbled, but he started eating very soft foods on Friday and has been enjoying them ever since! He still has to be very careful when eating and drinking and he does still have a feeding tube, but at least he can help to take care of himself now. He will still be very reliant on my mom, The Hubs and I, but we'll work it out.

I've been very, very busy with school. In early June, I started the first class of my teacher certification course. This is really a preliminary class as I haven't quite finished my bachelor's degree yet. However, one of the things I need to do for this class is take the Accuplacer exam. Should be a simple task. It's just basic reading, writing and arithmatic questions. It has, however, been the bane of my existence ever since! Since my course is online, I'm trying to find someone to proctor the exam for me. I called a local college and discovered the person who does their proctoring is currently on leave. I thought we had found a solution, though, because the Director of Admissions has proctored before and he agreed to do this for me. So, I submitted his name to my college. They promptly sent me an email back stating the school had someone who was approved to proctor. It was the person who is on leave. I emailed them back and explained that she was on leave and asked what I should do. That was on June 30. I've yet to hear back from them. In the meantime, I've been trying to phone the person they told me could proctor in the hopes that she had returned from leave. So far, I've had no response from her either. I feel at the end of my rope and will be trying to contact my college by phone today to see if someone can offer me some actual, real advice.

In other news, I've been heavily involved in practice for a local production the Arts & Entertainment Council in our town (of which The Hubs and I are very involved members) puts on every year: Beach, Boogie and Blues. We have four more practices before our first performance next Friday (July 22). I'm excited! I'm singing a song called "Hip-Swingin' Blues". (I'd post a video link for you, but I'm currently at work and YouTube is blocked here - as are all video sites!) I will, however, post a pic of my costume. I love it! I think it's going to be a great show!

You like?


The Hubs and I have both taken Friday off from work. Why, you ask? Well....THE FINAL HARRY POTTER MOVIE OPENS FRIDAY!!! Well, technically at 12:05am on Friday/Thursday night. The Hubs and I are going to the midnight showing. I can't wait!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store! It's going to be awesome, but sad as well. I'll never again get to go to a Harry Potter movie in the cinema. I have to stop, I might cry. But, Thursday night/Friday morning is going to be magical!!

There are other things going on and something major that I may share with you in a couple of days (when I have more concrete news) but for now I'll just ask for your thoughts/prayers over the next few days. I've been asking for that a lot lately, but please know I'm returning the favour for all of you. This is something very, very important to The Hubs and I. If it comes through, it's life-changing! I need to stop before I say too much! I'm superstitious that if I talk about it, it'll fall through. So just please take a moment to think of us and hope with us and I'll fill you in as soon as I can!

Oh, btw, I am supposed to be participating in Calliope's Summer Camp and, if I can ever pull my shiznit together, I'm going to get right on that! My camping will probably be over the next couple of months, lol!

5 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Hey, Lynn! I'm crawling out of my hole and am getting back to being a good blog buddy. I'm sorry I've been away for so very long.

I'm glad that your dad is out of the hospital and is on the mend now. I kept him in my thoughts, as I've been reading along even if not commenting often.

Frank and I are going to the midnight showing, too, and YES - I will totally cry. I already feel teary when I watch the many HP-related documentary-type shows that have been in heavy rotation on TV this week.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I'm glad to hear that your dad is out of the hospital. It sounds like he's making some good progress.

It also sounds like you're a very busy lady... I'll be praying for whatever it is that's in the wings for you.

And sadly, I won't be going to the midnight showing of HP, but I am going to see it next week some time. Just waaay too much going on this week at the hobbit hole.

Justine L said...

Thanks for visiting, Lynn! I'm supposed to be at camp, too, but am clearly playing hooky. What kind of camper am I?!

Thoughts and prayers your way over the next few days ... I hope that there is some good news to come.

Dannelore said...

OMG! WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE MOVIE?

Alana said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing better.

Thinking of you...hoping that your "something major" is working out the way you'd like it to.

I LOVED HP!!!! What did you think of it? :)

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D