Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

200th Post - Blessings By Design

Okay, so I know you've been wondering when I was going to get around to posting this. Sorry it's taken me so long, but I've been working hard at getting everything together for it!

This is my 200th post (if the post title didn't clue you in!) and I would again like to say thank you to my wonderful friends! You have helped me reach my goal and, in fact, surpass it! I now have 102 followers! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to know there are that many of you interested in what I have to say =D

In my last post, I promised you something special for my 200th post and The Hubs and I have been busily working on a special project. I'm now pleased to reveal it:

Blessings By Design

What is Blessings By Design, you ask? Well, I was inspired by Mel's Make a Wish, Take a Wish post over at Stirrup Queens. I thought it was a fantastic idea and it got me thinking how awesome it would be if something like this were widely available (I know even now as I type this that someone is going to post and tell me something like this already exists and I'm okay with that. I'm a firm believer that you can never have too much of a good thing!), sooooooo...........The Hubs and I started something!

Blessings By Design is a website where you can post an ad for what you're wishing for, whether it be something you need but can't really afford that someone else might have and no longer need or a book you've wanted or thoughts/prayers or even help making the mortgage payment that month (this one would obviously require more than one person to fulfill the wish). A sort of "online philanthropy" or pay-it-forward kind of thing.

It may be a huge success or it may fail entirely. Either way, it's something we felt led to start, so there you go!

I hope you'll all stop by and check it out. Blog about it. Tell all your friends about it. Post your own wish. Anything to help get the word out about it! Thanks so much for all the support you give me!!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What an awesome idea. I hope it's a huge success.

Kristin said...

Oh yeah, HAPPY 200 posts sweetie!

Tia said...

Congrats on 200 posts and good luck with the website. Sounds like a good idea!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Lynn, this is amazing.

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D