Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

10 on Tuesday

It's time for the 10 on Tuesday! I really can't believe I haven't blogged in a whole week! I've several times thought of things I wanted to say and then decided they just weren't important enough. I guess I'll have to just start posting them anyway, lol!

  1. As I mentioned in last week's 10 on Tuesday, I got my hair cut since we last met. I like it. It's a lot shorter than it was, but not so short it doesn't look like me. It's much cooler now that we've hit the summer months!

  2. Also mentioned in last week's post, I got my glasses! I also like them a lot and am pleased with how they look on me, particularly with my new haircut. The best thing about them? For the first time ever with glasses, I can tell a difference in my bad eye (the left one) with the glasses on and with the glasses off! Huge accomplishment I feel!


    New glasses and new haircut. Whatcha think?


  3. About 2 years ago, I bought the 40 Day Love Dare book. The Hubs and I started the challenge a couple of days after the purchase and, true to form for me, we lasted about 2 weeks and then stopped. Last year, we decided to give it another go. Again we started but failed. We've been talking about it over the last few days and we think we're ready to give it another try and really stick to it this time. I hope we can manage it! I'd really like to complete it and I feel confident we may be able to. After all, we both finished the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April and, so far at least, I'm sticking to my eating right and exercising. Fingers crossed third time will be the charm for us to finish it! Who knows? Maybe the Lord is simply waiting for us to complete this small task He has set for us before rewarding us with the child we've waited on so long.

  4. Speaking of divine influence, I experienced something unusual for me last week. In fact, the only other time I've experienced it led to me finding The Hubs. What was it you ask? Well, I experienced a feeling of really needing (I mean overwhelming need) to speak to someone. The someone in question is a lady who works for the OB/GYN associated with our hospital helping mothers who want to place their children for adoption find appropriate homes for them. That's not all she does - she also gives parenting classes, advises new mothers of any help they may be entitled to, provides "Welcome Home" bags for departing new families - but that's the bit that concerned me when I saw her last week. I've spoken with her in the past about The Hubs and I possibly being interested in adopting, but it's never been a definite thing. When I saw her, I told her that I thought we were ready and that I would like her to keep us in mind should anyone come in who was looking to place their child for adoption. I explained we would love for the birthmother to consider us.

    I'm not really sure where that leaves us because things haven't really changed as far as where we're currently living (next door to my parents). Nor do we have a current homestudy in place. However, I feel like things are on the verge of changing and I feel, when the time is right, everything will work out perfectly. I guess it's called having faith, huh?

  5. In the meantime, I'm beginning to make plans for that big birthday bash I'm planning in Savannah for November. Yes, I know it's five months away, but I don't really care. I'm looking forward to it and it makes me happy to plan!

    I've decided that, even though the evening will consist of roaming round the bars and clubs in Savannah, I want to have a theme. So far, I have 3 themes I'm considering. I'd like your opion on which you like best.

    Theme 1 - "Things To Do In Savannah When You're Not Dead Yet" - A play on the movie title "Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead", my thoughts are that all the party-goers could dress like either gangsters or flappers. It would be a very fun evening and all the men would look dapper and dashing while the women looked flirty and fabulous!

    Theme 2 - "Lynndi Gras" - Obviously, a play on Mardi Gras. The dress would be purple, gold and green. Glitzy and glamorous. Party-goers would be provided with beads which they could keep for themselves or pass out to the other people out celebrating the evening.

    Theme 3 - "Lynnapalooza" - Not really sure where this idea came from apart from everything with the ending sound "apalooza" just seems to be chock full of fun. Party-goers would simply dress in something sparkly and fantastic! Not sure what else I might be able to do with this one, but still thinking.

    Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts....whatever are very welcome. Even new themes! I've still got plenty of time to plan. I want this to be a fabulous night!

  6. I had another weigh-in this past Friday. I had lost another 1.4 lbs, for a grand total so far of 4.4 lbs! I'm very excited and hoping this Friday's weigh-in will take me to at least 5 lbs down or more. Fingers crossed!

  7. It is only 38 days until the final Harry Potter movie releases!!!!! I could simply squeal! I am ridiculously excited about it. I just can't wait. Anyone else feeling the impatience waiting for it?

  8. I have now entered the final year of my degree course. In less than a year, I will have completed all the classes needed for my Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences with an education concentration. One of my assignments recently was to declare the grade level and subject area I hoped to teach. After much agonizing and debating (3 years' worth, in fact), I finally settled on Secondary education (9th through 12th grade) and History. Here's hoping I don't live to regret that decision, lol!

  9. In keeping with discussing my degree, I checked my transcript earlier today to get an idea of how I'm doing. I wanted to see what my current GPA was. I was ecstatic to see that my GPA is currently a 3.9 (out of 4). Woot! Woot! Very, extremely proud of that accomplishment!

  10. Finally, I am currently only 2 posts away from reaching 200 posts. I am also currently only 4 followers away from reaching 100 followers. I would really, really like to celebrate that 200th post by reaching 100 followers. It would simply make my day! So, if you read but aren't yet a follower (blatent begging to follow), please, please decide to follow and help me reach my goal!


Well, that's it for me tonight! Hope you're all doing great! Hugs to you!

6 comments:

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I adore your new look!! and just wow on the possibility of adoption - I feel this for you.

I went on a haunted pub crawl in Savannah a few years ago and loved it!

junebug said...

I think your glasses and hair cut look fabulous!

Yeah for the weight loss! Every ounce counts.

I've been waiting for the last movie since I left the last one. Although it is all bittersweet just like when I got the last book knowing it is the end of an era.

Congrats on the GPA!!!

Kat said...

Hey - I just 'followed' you to help make your wish come true which I read on Stirrup Queen!

Brenda said...

I think your haircut looks great! And I just "followed" you as well to help make your wish come true of 100 followers!

Alana said...

You look awesome---I'm loving the haircut and new glasses!

I too am coveting the next HP movie. CAN'T wait!

WAY cool on your "vibes" re: adoption.

Lastly, GO GIRL with your weight loss! WONDERFUL! :)

St Elsewhere said...

Your post is so full of positives.

Yay for weight loss. Yay for a new look. Yay for getting ahead in your degree.

Yay for feeling that deep need. If it came to you, it was meant to arise. May things proceed as you wish.

Take Care!

And all the themes sound great, but I love things purple....so, *hint hint*.

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D