Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Month's Worth of Details

Alrighty then! I finallly have time to update you with the details from the last month.

I had my sleep study done and was all prepared to have the surgery on June 18th, but on the Wednesday before the surgery (June 16th), the Pulmonologist called me and said (she's a little dramatic)"I am absolutely not releasing you for surgery. I'm not going to tell you you may not wake up if they put you under anethesia. I'm going to tell you you will not wake up!" (I did warn you she was dramatic!)Apparently, I stopped breathing 63 times in a 7 hour span of time. So, needless to say, I did not have the surgery as scheduled.

Instead, I got my C-Pap machine, had a week to get used to using it, then had my titration sleep study. I am now set at my ideal 11 litres of pressure each night to make sure I breathe. Once that was all taken care of, they rescheduled my surgery for July 21st (this past Wednesday).

Surgery went well, although I'm still recuperating from the anesthesia (it really doesn't like me) and intebation. My throat is still extremely sore and my whole body is achy.

Sounds like there wasn't really much to it, but I feel like the whole time I've been rushing, rushing, rushing! In addition to the medical side of things, we finally hired someone for the new position in my department and I've been training her. Our decision came down to two people and we had a very tough time choosing between them, but we actually wound up hiring the other lady on an "as needed" basis until we are given the green light to hire another person, so it all worked out in the end. I have been busting my backside training them.

The whole last month seems like a daze. And I can't believe it's already almost August! Where has this year gone??? Anyway, so there you are, up-to-date with me now. Have a fantastic weekend darlings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the surgery went well when you finally got to do it. Hope you feel back to normal soon!

Lora said...

Glad your surgery went well! I hope the C-Pap helps you get better sleep overall, sounds like you really needed it!

jensays (what would jen do) said...

hi there, thanks for stopping by today. I cannot believe you stopped breathing that many times. you are so lucky that you got that c-pap machine. I have a couple of friends who use them and they hated them for about the first week.

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Glad you're back up and at 'em! Anesthesia is rough...we often send patients home with Cepacol lozenges for the sore throat.

Big hugs!

Janey981 said...

Sounds like you've had a lot on your plate! I hope August is peaceful and a chance for you to recharge your batteries. Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

Have a speedy recovering and heres to many happy dream.

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D