Most places I go, the scent of cinnamon, pumpkin and spice lingers in the air, making my mind skip ahead to the coming celebrations. My favorite holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas - are mere days away. My birthday and anniversary are right in the middle of all these celebrations. Despite it being the end of the year and the dying off of plant life, for me it is life beginning again. Everything comes full circle and we gear up to start over again. It is a promise that, no matter what misfortune may have befell us the year previous, a new beginning is on the horizon.
It gives me hope for a more beautiful tomorrow.
With that said, I would like to explain my latest idea. Every year, I generally try to do something fun with my online friends. Previous years have usually included either gift exchanges or card exchanges. This year, with The Hubs still unemployed, funds are tighter. However, I would still like to do something fun and, since I'm new to the IF blogging world, I'd like to include you all!
My idea this year was for a Christmas Ornament and Hannukah (Chanukah) Dreidel exchange. I think it is a wonderful thing to receive something to help you celebrate your holiday season you know was picked out especially with you in mind by the person who sent it! It draws us closer and brings us new friends. Therefore, for all who would like to participate, I will post the guidelines:
- The amount you would like to spend on your ornament or dreidel is up to you. I want everyone who would like to participate be able to do so please do not feel you have to spend an enormous amount! I would suggest an amount under 10 USD, but this is only a suggestion.
- You can choose to participate in the ornament exchange, the dreidel exchange or both. Totally your choice!
- If you practice a different religion (or no religion) and would like to add an exchange to reflect, please contact me.
- The deadline to sign up is November 15, 2009. This is to give everyone time to purchase their exchange item and get it mailed so everyone can enjoy it for this year's holiday season.
- On November 16, 2009, I will randomly draw names to give each person their exchange partner and send an email out to each participant, providing the details of their exchange partner. Your name will be kept secret from your exchange partner until the exchange arrives at each participants' home.
- All exchange's should be in the post by November 25, 2009. This way, the exchange's should be to everyone by the start of Hannukah (or for anyone International, should be received during Hannukah) and in time to be displayed on Christmas trees for everyone's enjoyment.
- Each exchange should include either an ornament or dreidel and a card.
- If you would like to sign up, please complete the form located here.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me!! I want us all to have a wonderful holiday season!