Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Day, Another Blather

I really need to get back into this blogging thing. It's been so long since I've consistently blogged, though, that I find it difficult to maintain the flow. However, I'm going to make a concerted effort to get my blog going once more. My life, however, is fairly boring, so, although there will be updates about what's going on in my world, I think I'm going to choose random topics to ponder so as to have something worth talking about. Today's random topic: Twilight.

So, yes, I admit it. I am a major Twilight geek and I have a huge crush on Rob Pattinson (yes, I know he's 7 years younger than me and I'm married, but I don't really care – my crush stands). I love the whole series! Stephenie Meyer is brilliant! I only wish I had come up with the idea myself (then I could stand a chance of meeting Rob Pattinson *snigger*). I know, I know.......there is a lot of criticism of the books and some of the characters out there, but I think its a great series. *Sigh* There haven't been many times in my life when I've wished I was seventeen again (let alone a seventeen year old named Bella who lived in Forks, WA), however, during the two weeks it took me to read the entire series, I was definitely dreaming of it. Not to mention the three or four weeks that followed, lol!

For me, Edward Cullen is the most romantic fictional character ever. If I could just convince my husband to act more like him, I'd be in heaven. Don't get me wrong, I think my hubby is great. But there's just something about Edward that epitomizes perfection for me. (Jasper's pretty awesome as well!) I can truly say that, had I met a ridiculously sexy, ultra-gentlemanly, 108-year-old vampire when I was 17, yup, I'd have begged to be changed as well. I think the girl just used common sense! How often in life do we meet Mr. Perfect? So what if he has one tiny flaw, like not actually being alive and having to fight the desire to kill me in order to drink my blood? I'd risk it too! Wouldn't you?

As for the movie version, while I did find that there were parts of the books I would have liked to have seen incorporated into the film that weren't, I still found the film to be great. Yes, this feeling was helped along by having Rob Pattinson as Edward. My goodness, should any one person ever have the right to look that good?!?! And, aside from looks, I think he's an amazingly talented actor and musician. I would really love to catch him performing some of his music in a pub someday, but I'm not sure that opportunity will arise again now that he's so recognizable and he's become so famous. I can dream though! My husband and I each have a list of approved celebrities that, if we ever met them, an affair could not count as cheating. Currently, Rob is topping my list (in case you're curious, Eliza Dushku is at the top of the hubby's list). Now, to just figure a way to finangle a meeting, lol!

So, that's my blather for the day. I know how sad I am, no need to tell me. And, if you don't like Twilight, that's fine. I don't require anyone to like it. I probably love it enough for any 50 people! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up my postings and will return tomorrow! Bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D