Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol Finale

Okay, so hands up if you watched American Idol last night. I did! Now, who else was as surprised as I was by who was in the finale? I understand Adam Lambert being there (I mean the guy is fantastic! Surely he has to win this thing?), but what the heck is wrong with people? I mean, come on, Kris Allen? Really? He has to be the most forgettable contestant ever on the show! When he performed his first song last night – the one that was his favorite performance of the season – I couldn't even remember him singing it! Come to think of it, I can barely remember him at all this season. So I am completely baffled how he made it into the finale.

When we got to the Final 13, I made a prediction for who would be the final 3 and who would be in the finale. I'm sad to say that I was close but not quite there. I didn't factor in America's puzzling fascination with what I had perceived to be a blank dot in the finalists. I figured Kris would go out 11th or 12th. I was seriously flabbergasted to find he beat out both Alison Iraheta & Danny Gokey, whom I expected to be numbers two and three respectively. In my opinion, they were both much better singers and performers than Kris Allen could ever hope to be. I can only assume too many parents allowed their 10 and 11 year old daughters (who all seem to have googly eyes over Kris – again, I don't get it) to vote.

So it comes down to last night's vote to see if I can still have any confidence in the American public. Is there really a possibility that Adam Lambert (who is miles and miles ahead of Kris in both performance and vocals – not to mention style) can lose? I surely hope not. I am holding out hope that this country still knows brilliance when we see it. Adam, you got my vote (repeatedly, lol)! Good luck with the win you deserve!

On a slightly related note, did anyone else catch Glee last night? I believe I have a new favorite show! But I'll blog more about that another time. Bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to let me know you dropped by! I love comments and I'll definitely try to get back around to visit you :D