I've been thinking about this for a while and I've decided I'd like to host a new monthly project. I think it would be really nice to have a secret pal project each month! I participate in Secret Pals at work, but ours is done on a yearly basis. I know that life changes for those of us online so quickly sometimes that we might not be able to commit to participating for a whole year at a time (you know, when we've had to write out a big fat check for IVF or adoption fees we might not feel like adding more to our monthly outgoings!), so I thought it would work to do it on a monthly basis so that those who would like to participate can drop in and out each month as life dictates.
Here's how it works:
1. You sign up by filling out this form (I'm trying Google forms one more time - for some reason I've not been very successful with them in the past, so please tell me if you're having a problem with it!). Sign up will be open until February 24, 2010.
2. Sometime over the weekend of February 27/28, I'll send out your Secret Pal name!
3. On March 1, the fun commences! You'll visit your secret pals blog (if you already visit - great! If not - you find a new blog! It's a win/win situation) frequently throughout the month, send them an email if they have good news, bad news or just need some support and sometime during month, you'll send them a gift to their home. The gift doesn't need to be anything huge, just a little something to say you're thinking of them.
4. On March 25, we'll reveal our secret pals!
5. Assuming all goes smoothly and everyone is enjoying the proceedings, sign-up for April will open sometime in mid-March.
So, without further ado, let the sign-up begin! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments and I'll be sure to answer them!