In case you're wondering what the last month or so has held, here goes:
- My mom had her surgery and everything went well. After several weeks recuperating, she is now back at work.
- My ankle has still been giving me a lot of trouble with swelling and pain. I finally broke down and had x-rays and an MRI done of both ankles since they've both given me trouble over the years. The right ankle has a torn ligament and joint effusion, along with degenerative joint disease showing and os trigonum syndrome. The left (which I had an MRI of a year and a half ago that showed some damage) is now showing two ligaments with complete tears, flattening of the talar dome (weight-bearing bone), degenerative joint disease and osteonecrosis in the joint. I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon I saw in 2010 on Monday.
- My eldest niece graduated from high school! I can't believe it! She should not be that old!
- Remember the job I was interviewing for? Well, I was offered the job!! Unfortunately, I had to turn it down as they were offering me $6000 a year less than what I'm making now and, no matter how much I hate my job, I can't afford to take that much of a paycut.
- The Hubs (he's not happy at his job either) and I have concentrated our job hunt on the area we really want to live in, which is a town about 2 hours from where we live now. We have high hopes we'll be successful soon. (So, watch out Junebug! If things go to plan, we'll soon be moving closer to you!)
- My job at work has changed a little. I've actually been moved to doing a different job, which is better than it was, but I still just simply don't enjoy the workplace or the work. I'd rather be somewhere where I feel happier.
So, I think that about sums it up. Oh, yeah!! One more thing.....
- WE HAD OUR FIRST VISIT FOR OUR HOMESTUDY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything went really well and we are super excited! Next up is our individual interviews. The Hubs has his first one on Friday, July 6 (our caseworker is on vacation for the next couple of weeks) and mine is Monday, July 9. These will be the first of several individual interviews, but, hopefully, by mid-August we'll be approved and our home will be open! Our homestudy will then be submitted to the caseworker of the little girl we're hoping to adopt and we'll then just be waiting (on pins and needles!) to see if we're approved to proceed with her adoption. I pray the next few months will go by swiftly! We're ready to bring our daughter home!